The Substance and Evidence of Faith!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. Heb11:1
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” Rom 1:17
The Law of Faith, Rom3:27
1) Faith Establishes and Upholds the Law of God! Rom3:31,
2) Faith Walks in Righteous Requirements of law, Rom8:1-4
3) Faith Circumcises the heart and WORKS by Love! Gal5:6, 6:15
4) The Law is NOT Abolished! Matt5:17-20
The Example of Faith, Abraham, Rom4:1-4
1) He Walked in the Steps of Faith, Rom4:12
2) He Did the Works/ Deeds of Faith, John8:39
3) He Performed the Obedience of Faith! Heb6:13-15, 10:35-36, 11:8
4) He was Declared Righteous by his Faith, Rom4:19-22
The Dynamic of Faith……The Obedient Heart of Love! Rom6
1) You OBEY from the heart, Rom6:16-17
2) You Receive Grace for Obedience to Faith! Rom1:5
3) Eternal Life given to those who OBEY! Heb5:9
4) You Endure to End by Faith
5) Purify your heart by Obedience, 1Pet1:22
Boasting of Works! (Hearers not Doers!)
1) The Boasting was in Keeping the Law outwardly, but not Inwardly, Rom2:17,23
2) Lest anyone Should Boast, Eph2;8-9, Is speaking of These kinds of Works (outwardly performed)
3) Purpose of Law not to Justify, but Expose the sin. Rom7:7-12, Gal3:19-25
4) Law Must be Upheld, but IN THE HEART! Heb8:10-11
(not as to merely produce pious acts or religious form)
1) It Works to Produce GODLY Behavior! Titus2:11-14
2) It Works to PURIFY the heart of sin! 1Pet1:22, Acts15:9,
3) It Works to Produce the FRUIT of the Spirit! Eph5:9-10, Gal5:22-24
4) It Works as to remain Steadfast & Enduring to the end, Rom2:7
The Law of Faith uses the WORD of God to WORK in you who believe! Since you have OBEYED from the heart, as stated in scripture, with the full knowledge that Jesus has commanded you to OBEY Him (If you love Him) & Make every effort to Enter by the Narrow Gate, (Luke13:24, John14:15) You have effectively moved beyond the 'faith of devils' (Js2:19, the devils believe & tremble) into a Path of OBEDIENT Faith that will endure to the end!
The Work of Faith With Power!
1) Working Together with Him, 2Cor6:1
2) Restored to True Holiness and Righteousness, Eph4:22-24
3) Walking in Power of His Might, Eph 6:10
4) Working Out Salvation! Phil2:11-12 (working to attain a goal!)
(to perform, accomplish, achieve, to work out i.e. to do that from which something results)
The Righteousness of Faith,
Rom10:1-5 end of law for righteousness.
Doing the Right thing by Faith, 1John3:7-12)
Producing the Fruit of Righteousness, James3:13-18
Exceeding that of Scribes and Pharisees, Matt5:20
The More Excellent Sacrifice! Heb 11:4
The Romans 7 Lie: Rom7:14-25
Speaking of the Un-regenerate heart, Sold Under Sin, The Carnal Mind in Control.
Christian is Free from Bondage of Sin,
Spiritual, not Carnal.
The law is Being Established, Upheld by Faith, not Violated Daily
Walking in Spirit, not Flesh.
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Rom8:1-4
Who is Fulfilling Righteous Requirements of law? Christ or YOU?
Who is Violating the Law daily in thought, word and deed?
The Hard Evidence: Rom 7:24
Paul uses another Very powerful illustration in the Word, ‘Captivity’. Here he is eluding to a city reduced by a storming army, who had laid Siege to the inhabitance, reduced them to starvation, launched their attack and carried off the survivors into an irresistible Captivity. The Word he uses is the EXACT same word Christ used to Describe the final ruin of the Jews under Roman dominance. When they would be carried away into captivity and their nation trampled by the Gentiles. (Luke21:24, 2Cor10:5)
The ‘Wretched man’ he refers to in Verse 24, ‘O wretched man that I am!” Is another illustration portraying what happens to the Roman Prisoners taken into bondage after the Siege. It was a custom among tyrants in those days to Chain the survivors to a Rotting Corpse from the battlefield and force him to carry the dead body about until he also died a slow and miserable death! (used in Rev3:17 to church)
NONE of this Language is used Anywhere in Scripture to Describe Christians!
How could you be Captive to sin, in this manner, and ‘sin’ not have Dominion over you?
Same Attempt Made in 1Tim1:15, “Chief of Sinners!”
But this Clearly Speaks of FORMER Times and the VERY Next Passage says his Life was a PATTERN to all believers. How could he be an example if he was sinning all the time?
NOTHING in Scripture Condones sinful conduct or assumes sin to be a foregone conclusion in the Believers life. Every attempt falls Flat when you examine the Facts!